DAGS accepts audit submissions for two weeks for Summer and Fall terms and two months for Winter term. Audit submission periods are as follow, effective for the Winter 2016 audit and onwards:
Summer: August 15 - 31
Fall: November 15 - 30
Winter: January 15 - March 15
If the final day of the audit submission period falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be extended to the next business day.
Please note we do not accept audits after the due date
How to Submit a Successful Audit Package
In order to receive your society's DAGS funding disbursement for the term, please follow these instructions. Please note: only Societies whose members pay the DAGS fee may apply for Society Funding.
1. Ratify with the DSU Only societies ratified with the Dalhousie Student Union (DSU) may receive DAGS Society Funding. Ratification expires every May, so make sure you re-ratify at the beginning of May every year. Be sure to apply for ratification well in advance of the DAGS audit submission period, as the approval process can take several weeks. For detailed instructions on DSU ratification, see DSU Ratification Instructions.
2. Attend Treasurer Training If you are a newly-elected society treasurer, or just want to brush up on your treasurer skills, please contact our Office Manager to set up a Treasurer Training session. At this 30-minute session, you will receive tips on how to keep your society's financial records and how to prepare for the DAGS audit.
3. Make an Annual Budget Every year, put together an annual society budget, in collaboration with other members of your society. Include columns for both budget and actual values for each expense and revenue source.
4. Keep Meeting Minutes Every time your society executive meets, have someone take down minutes. Print these out and have your society executive sign them. Signed minutes show us that your society has been active in a given term.
5. Keep Financial Records Keep track of all society income and expenses as instructed during Treasurer Training. See Treasurer Training Documents for specific bookkeeping instructions.
6. Submit Audit Materials Every term, in order to receive your Society Funding disbursement cheque, you must submit the following to DAGS for the term under audit: